Re: LYNX-DEV LYNX: please say "THIS IS A TABLE!"

From: Jan Hlavacek
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV LYNX: please say "THIS IS A TABLE!"
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 17:04:56 -0500

On Fri, Mar 27, 1998 at 08:15:03AM -0800, David Combs wrote:
> 1) it could be an OPTION.
>
> 2) I myself CANNOT recognize a table printed non-table by Lynx!
>   (What about a BLIND person?  How is he/she supposed to know
>    that the info should be mentally reorganized into TWO dimensional
>     GROUPINGS)

How about converting tables into numbered lists?

Each table would be a list of rows.  Each row would be a list of cells.
If tables nest,  you would just get nested lists.  Rows and cells would
be clearly separated,  and the numbers would identify rows and columns.

And you don't need to parse more than once.

lahvak
--
Jan Hlav\'{a}\v{c}ek
address@hidden  (Blind Carbon Copies will bounce)