LYNX-DEV Tables in Lynx ...

From: Andrew Brennan
Subject: LYNX-DEV Tables in Lynx ...
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 16:13:53 -0500 (EST)

   I just compiled 2.8 to see if the table formatting had improved and in
   one glance I can think of a potentially helpful modification.  When it
   parses <tr> ... </tr>, wouldn't there be a benefit to imply a new line
   or something to cause the next <tr> to begin on the next line??

   I was looking at a (poorly formatted) page that used five columns - it
   had 4 with small icons (and no ALT tags) and a journal title.  The one
   oddity I noticed was a line that appeared to have only three [INLINE]s
   when the first of four was at the end of the previous line.  Seems the
   modification should be rather simple, but it's been ages since I took
   a look through Lynx's code.

   andrew.  (address@hidden)

                            "Where'd everybody go?"