LYNX-DEV Re: caching & \

From: Jonathan Sergent
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: caching & \
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 20:32:10 -0500

     (PW)
 ] > in these more modern times, is there indeed any reason
 ] > why Lynx cannot cache the source version of a page obtained by  \ ,
 ] > just like any other page, while keeping the rendered version also in cache?
 ] > there's always  ^r  to force a re-write.
 ] > certainly, i find traditional behaviour a nuisance.
   (TD)
 ] I'll keep it in mind - I've been annoyed by this also.  (I don't know offhand
 ] where to just reach in & make it do the right thing, though).

The problem is that Lynx does not cache the data stream from the server
but the data structure with the rendered document (or something in between
the two).  This came up in the past and Fote had a pretty darn good reason
why it needs to reload with the current architecture of things.

I can't find the definitive response that I recall, but here are two
okay ones:

   Linkname: Re: LYNX-DEV feature-requests

   Linkname: Lynx-Dev Archives: Re: Lynx Wish List

I really hope this gets to the list.  I think I've sent a few in the
last few months that don't.  If this has something to do with me not
being subscribed to the list, should we set up a "posters-but-not-
subscribers" list that people can subscribe to from which they receive
no postings but being on that "list" gives them access to post to the
lynx-dev list without their posts needing manual moderation.  It's
trivial to set up in Majordomo... or is that already set up and I'm
just ignorant?

--
Jonathan Sergent / address@hidden