Re: LYNX-DEV LYNX: please say "THIS IS A TABLE!"

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV LYNX: please say "THIS IS A TABLE!"
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 11:15:21 +0000 (GMT)

> Each table would be a list of rows.  Each row would be a list of cells.
> If tables nest,  you would just get nested lists.  Rows and cells would
> be clearly separated,  and the numbers would identify rows and columns.

If you are tracking the rows and columns to this extent, you are probably
most of the way towards implementing the proper HTML 4.0 speech support.
All you then need is for someone to actually use <TH> properly.

I would certainly advise anyone thinking of making this change to read
the HTML 4.0 spec first.

Normal caveats about tables being abused more than used apply.