Re: LYNX-DEV LYNX: please say "THIS IS A TABLE!"

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV LYNX: please say "THIS IS A TABLE!"
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 20:40:44 -0500 (EST)

to follow up on what Jan Hlavacek said:

> On Sat, Mar 28, 1998 at 11:15:21AM +0000, David Woolley wrote:
>
> I don't know what do you mean by tracking rows and columns.   What I was
> proposing was basically change

This simple readout of a table as a list of rows is favorably
viewed as something that will help with the comprehensibility of
many tables for a variety of adaptive-tech configurations.  It is
viewed as a positive step for a browser or an adaptive-services
proxy to have the capability to do this.

It does not seem to be a complete solution.

Scott Luebking has some relevant experience with a prototype
browser that he wrote and evaluated with Blind subjects.  He is
participating on the WAI-UA list (formerly WAI-UI) and I would
encourage anyone seriously looking at adding table-oriented
processing to Lynx to join that list, too.

Al Gilman