Re: LYNX-DEV CHANGES 2.8.1dev.5

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV CHANGES 2.8.1dev.5
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 05:13:43 -0500 (EST)

> > The real fix is to replace all of those stderr references with the actual
> > logfile pointer (not something that you'd want to do along with some other
> > changes, since there's a thousand or so to change).
>
> Is it just a search and replace?  Textpad for MS Windows can do a easy
> search and replace for a string in all documents within a directory.  Yea,
> I know there are a dozen ways to do it in Unix, but this is a quick and
> easy way for us lower minions. ;-)
No.  The logic where he switches off/on (for spawning shell) has to be
redone (actually simplified).  That's a half-dozen places.

also:  If there weren't portability/performance issues in passing
parameters around, I would (also) move the test for active logfile inside
the function that does the fprintf.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden