Re: LYNX-DEV CHANGES 2.8.1dev.5

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV CHANGES 2.8.1dev.5
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 06:00:19 -0500 (EST)

> On Sun, 29 Mar 1998, T.E.Dickey wrote:
>
> > > Tom, I made some mods of your tcp.h #if's because BORLANDC screws up on
> > > #if XYZ.  (It likes #ifdef XYZ or #if XYZ > 10)  Hopefully it is
> > > more portable and doesn't break anything.
> > ok (what version is that? - the ANSI standard guarantees the #if XYZ, but
> > I've learned not to argue with compilers).
>
> Borland C/C++ 4.52.
would it have built properly if you had simply defined

#define HAVE_DIRENT_H 1

(in tcp.h, in the #else clause from #ifdef HAVE_CONFIG_H)?

I would have tried that first, since I'm not sure if the other part of the
change is what was needed.  If it is, there's other programs that would be
impacted by this.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden