Re: LYNX-DEV user agent?

From: Personal
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV user agent?
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 15:29:54 -0700 (MST)

Just a quick note on this subject. I am esentually in agreement with what
was decided some time ago. I will not ask the dev team to lean one way or
the other based on my personal preferences in this matter, but before
making any decision to change the fact that the user agent can not be saved
I ask that the dev team consider the liability to the college that currently
hosts development. If administrators here feel that such a change causes them
any legal liability, they would certainly ask me to have development work
here suspended and remove such code from college systems.

I am _NOT_ saying that such a change can not be made without the plug being
pulled, but that before making it, the dev team should have convincing
reasons to beleive that no liability would be created for the college. (in
other words, I want development to continue here a lot more than I want to
see such a feature added!)

Scott

Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,
Email: address@hidden (Scott McGee)         | run in circles,
Web:   http://www.slcc.edu/infotech/webmaster.html | scream and shout.
My opinions do not necessarily reflect those of the College. Trust me!