Re: LYNX-DEV user agent?

From: Personal
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV user agent?
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 15:10:09 -0700 (MST)

Michael Sokolov writes:
>The people who have the authority over the codeset on sol.slcc.edu don't want
>you to be able to change the user agent string permanently. I have once
>considered adding this to my codeset, but first I need to hear Fote's opinion

Michael,

Be carefull in your speculating. Fote _WAS_ the person in charge of the codeset
on sol.slcc.edu when that decision was made, and Fote was the one who spoke
loudest on not saving it. Fote was the one who primarily advocated not changing
the user agent string, but allowed that it might be needed temporarily. He was
insistant that we should not consider any persistant change of that.

Scott

Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,
Email: address@hidden (Scott McGee)         | run in circles,
Web:   http://www.slcc.edu/infotech/webmaster.html | scream and shout.
My opinions do not necessarily reflect those of the College. Trust me!