Re: LYNX-DEV Downloading a whole web site for local offline browsing

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Downloading a whole web site for local offline browsing
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 05:57:08 -0500

Re: why not put wget into lynx

Has anyone tried configuring lynx to use wget so that from the user's
perspective they think they are using lynx's traverse/crawl type
modes, but wget is EXTERNALly invoked to do the real fetchs?

I myself would rather see code removed from lynx if they can be done
easily otherwise, putting in it's place hooks to enable a user to call
their favorite software.  That way folk can focus on lynx specific needs
and let someone else debug the other stuff.  Division of labor, and all
that rot.  While it makes the first time user's life more difficult, those
interested in easing that pain could create bundles of the necessary pieces
or command file scripts that go and fetch all the various pieces and
assist in building them.