Re: LYNX-DEV Alert! Cnnot access remote host

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Alert! Cnnot access remote host
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 05:02:02 -0800 (PST)

> From address@hidden Wed Apr  1 19:54:19 1998
> Date:     Wed, 1 Apr 1998 22:09 EST
> From: address@hidden (Sarma Tekumalla - Title First Agency,Inc.)
>
> Lynx ver 2.7.2
> Operating System : OpenVMS ver 6.2
> Platform : DEC 3400 (Alpha)
> TCP/IP   : Process Software - TCPWARE
>
> Problem : When attempting to startup Lynx - I get the error message
>           "Alert! Can't access the remote host".
>
>           The Lynx.cfg file has the start file defined as -
>           STARTFILE:HTTP://WWW.LISTED.COM/
>
> Please tell me where am I going wrong ? I need help !!!

I find it best to start with a LOCAL file, thus no problem
it that site is down, or moves (like I think the lynx one might
have done or will soon?).  Here is my alias for running lynx
here on netcom:

  /u13/wcheung/bin/lynxtest -vikeys -cache=60 lynx_bookmarks.html

See, I start with the bookmarks file, WITHIN which is a link
to the "normal" start place.