Re: LYNX-DEV LYMessages_en.h translation

From: Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV LYMessages_en.h translation
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 08:33:07 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 2 Apr 1998, Claude SOMA - CNTS wrote:

> Hi
> I'am searching for an LYMessages_fr.h (message in french)
> not find whith yahoo.
> Is there any one ?
> If no and if some body interested,
> 1) I have a script to extract english messages,
> 2) then we can give it to alta vista for a first translation,
> 3) then make necessary correction
> 4) and I can build the translated file LYMessages_fr.h
>
> I can do point 1
> I can't do point 2 (because I have no http server where I can put the file)
> Point 3 can be split into n interested users (who are there ?)
> I can do point 4
> Any body here ?
> (Ou sont donc les francophile ?)
> Claude

I'll be happy to put copies of LYMessages_NN.h on the slcc.edu site for
distribution with the rest of Lynx.  I started thinking about this for the
help messages, but babelfish.altavista.digital.com only translates the
first 5K of text.

A URL for Lynx2-8 message file is:

http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/current/lynx2-8/LYMessages_en.h

------