LYNX-DEV Weird error..

From: Matt Ackeret
Subject: LYNX-DEV Weird error..
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 17:49:18 -0800 (PST)

So I tried to connect to: http://www.gadgetguru.com/AX00621.HTML
within Internet Explorer.  It keeps going fetching things *for minutes*
and finally fails.  (I'm running it on a Mac, and since it's taking forever,
I was putting it in the background, so it's only getting the cooperative
multitasking time..)

I even tried turning off graphics/scripting and it still runs forever..
(unless maybe it was still getting stuff out of the cache?)

Anyhow.. I realize -- hey lets see if it works in Lynx.

I get:

Alert!: HTTP/1.1 300 Multiple Choices

What the heck is that?   (Sort of answered by the following.. I realize..)

                               Multiple Choices

   The document name you requested (/AX00621.HTML) could not be found on
   this server. However, we found documents with names similar to the one
   you requested.

   Available documents:
     * [1]AX000621.HTML (character missing)
     * [2]AX006021.HTML (character missing)

I realize I'm just seeing this on a UNIX vt100 terminal, but I copied it
from a trn session too, so I'm not getting any high bit characters or
anything...  Those two look the same!