Re: LYNX-DEV Using Lynx woth web "forums"

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Using Lynx woth web "forums"
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 08:22:12 +0100 (BST)

> I do not recall what editor gets spawned for mailto. I think that it is
> pico, the same editor I use with mail and elm.
>
> The people affected by this are those of us that, e.g., dial into a unix
> shell account to access the internet. In my case, my ISP makes Lynx the
> only browser available to such accounts.

My point was that some users of Lynx don't allow ANY local file access
and certainly no shell access (they would either block mailto, or only
allow the internal editor).  I forget the buzz word, but there is a
class of use where you give access through a public terminal, but only
very limited access.