Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx integrated email not necessarly good

From: Jan Hlavacek
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx integrated email not necessarly good
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 00:06:36 -0500

On Fri, Apr 03, 1998 at 11:26:52AM -0800, Matt Ackeret wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Apr 1998, David Woolley wrote:
> >> I have a question about Email.
> >> Is it possible to send/recieve Email by using "lynx" ?
> >Lynx has more integrated email sending than MSIE.  None of Lynx, MSIE or
> Anyway, I wish I could get Lynx to spawn off to Pine, so I'd have a copy in
> my sent mail.  (Actually, since I also have Pine spawn off vim as my editor,
> I hope it would be a bit more of a one-step process.. but I digress)

It can be done using EXTERNALS.  If you compile lynx with USE_EXTERNALS,
you can define programs to handle various url types.  I use this in my
lynx.cfg:
EXTERNAL:mailto:/home/lahvak/bin/mailtohandle %s:TRUE

When I am on a mailto link,  I press '.' and it starts maitohandle,
which is a shell script which extracts the address from the URL and
starts mutt.  Unfortunately,   it doesn't work with 'c' key.

--
Jan Hlav\'{a}\v{c}ek
address@hidden  (Blind Carbon Copies will bounce)