Re: LYNX-DEV Telnet Downloading from lynx

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Telnet Downloading from lynx
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 23:57:16 -0800 (PST)

and wrote to me:

> I am doing #3, first connecting via phone to my isp with ppp over the
> phones and then going  back east to see the www via lynx at 3 rivers I use
> a modem to connect to my isp and then telnet to three rivers the classic
> macs can't run netscape so I acess the www via lynx at the public 3 rivers,

I replied:

I don't think that you can do this easily from a telnet connection. I
don't use the mac operating system, but it appears that neither NCSA
telnet, BetterTelnet, nor NiftyTelnet support zmodem or kermit. I would
suggest trying to install MacLynx on your own system, then connect using
lynx directly from your own machine. This requires at least System 7 and
either MacTCP or Opentransport. If you want to try this, get MacLynx
from:

"http://www.lirmm.fr/~gutkneco/maclynx/maclynx_en.html";

The other alternative is to "print" the file and mail it to yourself,
but I would try installing your own lynx first, if it will work on your
system.
                                  Doug
__
Doug Kaufman