Re: LYNX-DEV Telnet Downloading from lynx

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Telnet Downloading from lynx
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 08:15:19 +0100 (BST)

>  Hello oh great learned ones:
> I use a mac se and telnet to lynx from my isp (northcoast.com) to
> trfn.clpgh.org
> How does one use zmodem or kermit from within  ncsa telnet 2.6 to download
> files from lynx, I have seached the entire web and all help files faqs etc

This is a Macintosh question, not a Lynx one.

The designers of telnet expected you to use ftp for this purpose.

Also, if you have TCP, the expectation these days would be that you would
run the browser locally.

However, the MS-DOS and Unix versions of Kermit will double as telnet clients
and KA9Q under MS-DOS will run zmodem over rlogin.  This is generally done
in order to support BBS systems that had been given TCP access, but I think
these are in decline these days.

There may be Macintosh equivalents, but it is unlikely that anyone would
start on one now if they don't exist.