LYNX-DEV Re: Problem - Lynx installation - VMS - Lynx ver 2.7.2 (fwd)

From: Subir Grewal
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: Problem - Lynx installation - VMS - Lynx ver 2.7.2 (fwd)
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 1998 12:12:44 -0500 (GMT-0500)

Sarma,

I'm out of my depth here, so I'm forwarding your message to LynxDev.
Hopefully someone there can help solve your problem.  You might want to
try starting Lynx from the command line using a known working host, like
so:

        lynx http://www.yahoo.com/

even better would be trying to start Lynx with an IP number,

        lynx http://204.71.208.69/

the output of the trace command would also be useful, you can toggle trace
on with the -tlog command line switch, which will save a trace of the
current session to a file called "Lynx.trace".  Start up lynx with the
command:

        lynx -trace -tlog

then examine the Lynx.trace file for clues concerning this problem, you
may want to mail it to address@hidden if asked.

BTW, can someone fix lynx_help/Lynx_users_guide.html#31 (the "Lynx command
line" section, apropos -tlog switch) it says the log file is stored in
"lynx.trace" when it appears to be "Lynx.trace" won't make a difference on
VMS of course, but I spent a fruitless 5 minutes searching for lynx.trace
on a Unix box.