LYNX-DEV Who do you download from lynx on the road?

From: jungle
Subject: LYNX-DEV Who do you download from lynx on the road?
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 12:59:14 -0800

Dear Oh learned lynxians ( besides doug dave and jaun  thank you oh three
wise men but you have no answers to enlighten me with). Running lynx on my
own computer is a real super slow process "8mgz" system, Lets say you go to
kinkos and you want to show your buddies how cool lynx is and they have
telnet on their  mac machines and you telnet into trfn.clpgh to show them
how rippin fast and furious lynx shreds. And one of your homeies says: hey
dude how 'bout downloading me copy of lynx via kermit protocol through
telnet. And all you can say is no can do! say what's up whit that, bogus
deal holmes. As for it it being a mac thing, damn straight it a mac thing,
Do I have to get some funky 286 dos machine to download my mac software
with telnet from lynx. Is the telephone connection superior to the
internet? No kermit for telnet?No http lynx to mac? Dail in analog? Holly
molly byteman, I just want b&w text and data from the web is that too much
to ask? Yo it is a lynx thing too, I guess i'll try e-mailling it to myself
and if it works then I'll tell them first I ppp, then I telnet then I then
i http: then I print the http file then I e-mail my self. If it works and I
get the file fine, Can I get the  software stored in hqx http this way. The
harder to get the better, especially if It is quite unusual.  yeah thats
the ticket, totally convoluted but whatever works, all I know is  i ain't
dailing  it on no bbs. Thanks for the e-mail lynx-dev. Is there anybody
alive that can accomplish this or am I going to be the first person on
earth to conquer MTN lynx with my Mac se, tally ho hip hip and
cheers-jungle