Re: LYNX-DEV LYMessages_en.h translation

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV LYMessages_en.h translation
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 09:40:05 +0900 (JST)

> >     "http://www.irn.nana.kindai.ac.jp/lynxdev/LYMessages_ja.h.gz";.
>
> Finally, a site that CRIPPLES Netscape and IE, but not Lynx!  Every Lynx
> fan should use these sabotage codes to force everyone switch to Lynx. ;)

No!  Japanese versions of Netscape and IE handle Japanese better than
Lynx.  Lynx is still completely clobbered by the "hangaku" syllabaries,
whereas the big two wiz through it.

If it is the compression that is getting you, then that is a
misconfiguration problem, although I don't know if the others have a
mechanism for internal decompression like Lynx can have (if the zlib
is linked in).

__Henry