Re: LYNX-DEV Who do you download from lynx on the road?

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Who do you download from lynx on the road?
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 10:11:11 +0900 (JST)

> and if it works then I'll tell them first I ppp, then I telnet then I then
> i http: then I print the http file then I e-mail my self. If it works and I
Actually, this is one step, i.e., mailing to someone is a P)rint option.
It does work and is a default setting for the P)rint option menu.  However,
that option could be turned off by the operators of the public-access Lynx
you are using.  (Remember, you are using their server and their mailing
device.)  Using the "[2]Mail the file" P)rint option, you can _approximate_
downloading by pressing "\" to *render* the source, and then mail that to
yourself.

I just added the "lpansi" routine to Lynx internally; there should be no
need for people to block that on anonymous accounts; so if it is integrated
into the development code set, there will be one more way for people to
easily get material off the Web using "borrowed" or "shared" Lynx's.

__Henry

Is it not possible to ppp directly, and get rid of the telnet step?