Re: LYNX-DEV Re: <pre></pre> <Hx></Hx> BUG

From: Chris Gray
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: <pre></pre> <Hx></Hx> BUG
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 18:27:55 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 5 Apr 1998, Filip M Gieszczykiewicz wrote:

> You (Jason F. McBrayer) wrote:
> > FMG> I'm getting screwed because I can't script this crap, and the
> > FMG> only winner is the happiness of some really anal validator that
> > FMG> no one else, it seems, uses or cares that it exists.

You'll have to explain this.  I use scripts to produce most of my HTML
these days, and for me one of the great advantages of doing things that
way is that I know my scripts produce valid HTML - I hardly need to worry
about HTML synax any more.

If you have a script which consistently turns out bad HTML (such as
<pre>...<h1>...</h1>...</pre>) then surely you must be able to make one
which consistently turns out good HTML (such as <pre>...</pre><h1><tt>...
</tt></h1><pre>...</pre>, or whatever it is you want).

IOW, your script is broken; fix it.

  Chris Gray            address@hidden    address@hidden