Re: LYNX-DEV LYMessages_en.h translation

From: Karl Eichwalder
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV LYMessages_en.h translation
Date: 07 Apr 1998 18:27:44 +0200

"Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim)" <address@hidden> writes:

|   So, other than saying babelfish doesn't do a good job, what are you
|   saying?  Can you recommend people who know English and German (I don't)
|   and have the time to type 650 lines of text properly?

Please have a look at /ftp.gnu.org:/pub/gnu/ABOUT-NLS (The GNU
Translation Project) and read François Pinard's homepage at
http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~pinard/.

What are the reasons not to 'gettextify' lynx?  David Trueman
(cf. http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0197/msg00214.html) has
done, and a followup to his article seem to say, that using gettext is
the right way.  Okay, it "bloats" the source, but nowadays this should
be a problem; if it does not fit on one floppy disk, then use 2 or 3 --
even tar is able to create multi-volume archives (-M).

|   Yes, I am trolling for volunteers.

If you'll use the gettext tools and the available channels (the
translation teams at address@hidden, v. ABOUT-NLS), you'll quickly get
results.  Normally, within days the french (fr) and german (de)
translations are ready to use; if nobody from the german team will
volunteer, I promise to provide a german translation.

--
Karl Eichwalder         S.u.S.E. GmbH           Fax        +49-911-3206727
address@hidden              Gebhardtstrasse 2       Mo & Th       13:00-18:00: