Re: LYNX-DEV LYMessages_en.h translation

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV LYMessages_en.h translation
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 08:59:33 -0400 (EDT)

to follow up on what T.E.Dickey said:

[Henry Nelson]
> > I guess I'm fighting a losing battle, but I sure would like to see that
> > magic number < 1.44 for the distribution.  Been fighting for over a year,
> > so not much sense in giving up now :).

[Tom Dickey]
> I don't see any reason to put them in the main distribution (just make them
> available as an add-on package).

One potential danger is that what doesn't get distributed doesn't
get used, and falls out of sync quietly so that you don't fix it
and when you do need it, it doesn't work.

I would hope Henry's one-floppy core distribution can become a
standard capability of our distribution setup, but maybe not the
default.

Did I hear Jim Spath mutter something about son-of-patch-o-matic?

Al Gilman