Re: LYNX-DEV LINES & COLS env variables

From: Matt Ackeret
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV LINES & COLS env variables
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 14:49:47 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 10 Apr 1998, Kristin McNally wrote:
>If I change the LINES variable to less than 25, how will Lynx respond?
>The terminal that I am using to run lynx from has an 80x25 dimension,
>however, the top row is reserved for displaying info particular to the
>terminal.  In the default implementation of lynx, the last row is being
>written over.  If I specify to Lynx to use only 24 rows, will lynx
>adjust its output accordingly, or will I not get the last line?

Well, Lynx definitely can run on an 80*24 screen. I run it all the time from
home on my Apple IIGS.  (Well, through a shell connection..)

You mean the top row isn't directly accessible, right?  Not that it's
a "status bar" that pops up when you hit a key or something?  If it's not
directly accessible, and "line 1" (or 0, I don't know how curses numbers
lines) isn't ever printed to when you move the cursor to "the top of the
screen"... then setting LINES to 24, and doing a tset, will work just
fine.

If the top line *is* actually accessible, I don't know how you can make
it ignore the top line.