LYNX-DEV Lynx wish

From: Tom Hall
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx wish
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 08:55:40 -0600

I wish lynx had a "pipe keystroke input from command" option.
I often am editing a TEXTINPUT area, and wish I could do something
like:

   CTRL-V
   !cat file.txt |

or
   CTRL-V
   !date |

and have file.txt or the date be entered as if I had typed it.

I suppose there's some kind of security problem with this, but
I do essentially the same thing all the time by cutting and
pasting with the mouse on X windows - it's just more of a
pain (now where did I put that damn mouse...)