Re: lynx-dev May 4th subscription instructions

From: Howard Kaikow
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 15:55:46 -0400 (EDT)

Is the existence of that list widely known? This is th first I have heard
of it.

I believe that most people do not like "push" mechanisms such aslists,
rather they prefer newsgroups.

If there are to be lists, there needs to be at least 3, maybe 4:

lynx-learners: For novices, but likely could be replaced by
lynx-browser: For general discussion.
lynx-announce: Just for announcements of releases and availability of dev
releases.
lynx-dev: For the devos and others deeply interested in the innards of
Lynx.

If such lists existed, then I would suggest that the lynx-browser and
lynx-learners should be gatewayed to newsgroups.

There may be little need for lynx-announce to be tied to a newsgroup.
And the tying of lynx-dev to a newsgroup is likely unnecessary if there
are less than 100 participants, but they can decide amongst themselves.

I also concerned about the future of lynx as, like it or not, more and
more web sites are becoming more unfriendly to text based browsers.