lynx-dev configure customization of man page?

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: lynx-dev configure customization of man page?
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 23:34:17 -0400

I noticed tonite that lynx.man gets installed mentioning a -color
comand line argument.  However, the lynx binary that is created has no
such command line argument - when I try to use it, I get an error from
lynx showing me the arguments supported and -color isn't one of them.

Is this a bug in the man page, the source code, or something that gets
configured in depending on the options selected?  If the last, then
is it possible to 'build' a man page dependent on the options selected
at configure time?  It would make user support easier if only the options
that are available were shown.