Re: lynx-dev configure customization of man page?

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: lynx-dev configure customization of man page?
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 15:31:11 -0400 (EDT)

> Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 23:34:17 -0400
> From: address@hidden (Larry W. Virden, x2487)
> I noticed tonite that lynx.man gets installed mentioning a -color
> comand line argument.  However, the lynx binary that is created has no
> such command line argument - when I try to use it, I get an error from
> lynx showing me the arguments supported and -color isn't one of them.
>
> Is this a bug in the man page, the source code, or something that gets
> configured in depending on the options selected?  If the last, then
> is it possible to 'build' a man page dependent on the options selected
> at configure time?  It would make user support easier if only the options
> that are available were shown.

-color is only valid when compiled with slang, although "color" per se is
supported in ncurses.  I think -color should be supported in all
versions compiled with ncurses or slang.   Note that there is anothyer
switch -nocolor that is supported in both versions.  Perhaps
-color and -nocolor should be recognized always but only acted upon when
compiled with ncurses or slang.
--le