lynx-dev LINK REV=MADE (was: your Javascript-heavy site)

From: David Woolley
Subject: lynx-dev LINK REV=MADE (was: your Javascript-heavy site)
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 11:40:32 +0100 (BST)

> [ to lynx-dev: i sent this to  address@hidden
> after it failed to arrive when i used the  c  command,
> due to Stahlwille's failure to give a proper owner's e-address.
> `Steelwill' reminds me of one of those movies from the 1930s ... ]

Unfortunately, link rev=made is, in practice, a Lynxism, even though I
don't know who invented it.  I've been unable to find it in any recent
HTML specifications.  The GUI approach is to use META, but not normally
with a machine processable address.

It's arguable whether commercial designers would want link rev=made if
they knew about it, as they seem to like exercising their form processing
skills for response forms and maintaining control of the client so that
they can't generate responses at arbitrary points.