Re: lynx-dev build problems with 2.8

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev build problems with 2.8
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 05:46:53 -0400 (EDT)

> I have a couple of problems with the lynx I got from
>   ftp://ftp2.cc.ukans.edu/pub/WWW/lynx/lynx2-8/lynx2-8.tar.gz
>
> 1. The autoconf used to create configure from configure.in appears
>    to be a modified version of gnu autoconf 2.12.  The gnu version
>    won't process the configure.in in the lynx directory.  Is the
>    modified version (2.12.971230) available someplace?
the patches are available on my web page:
        http://www.clark.net/pub/dickey/autoconf/autoconf.html
        ftp://ftp.clark.net/pub/dickey/autoconf

> 2. The file protections on ./configure and the scripts it calls (e.g.,
>    mkdirs.sh) do not include the execute bit in the tar file, so
>    you have to manually chmod these things (I'm still not sure I've
>    found all of them) to "+x" in order to successfully run configure
>    in the manner described in the INSTALLATION file.
I'm not sure about this: the files that I put together have the right
permissions - but I only packaged a .zip file which is residing on sol.slcc.edu
(Anyone know who to contact about the on ukans?)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden