lynx-dev suggestions for new features

From: Mitja Sarp
Subject: lynx-dev suggestions for new features
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 19:25:53 +0200 (CEST)

1) Ability to scroll one line at a time, less-style. It is very irritating
to try follow a text when it jumps uncontrollably between the links.

2) Defining the path where a downloaded file goes should be _before_ it is
downloaded. There isn't that much space usually in my /tmp, and moving the
tmpfile away from there takes unnecessary time, should at least be able to
define another TMPDIR. (/usr/tmp for ex.)

3) Downloading should happen in background, so wouldn't have to start
another lynx for every download.

4) Active xterm-mouse, as in pine. Could use the mouse for scrolling and
klicking on the links.

These are the major reasons people are not using lynx from what I've
experienced, fix them and the world will be a better place.

I'm using: Lynx Version 2.7.2 (1997)