lynx-dev help sought with peculiar problem at slcc.edu

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: lynx-dev help sought with peculiar problem at slcc.edu
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 13:58:40 -0400

When I use lynx 2.8.1dev.6 to access
<URL:http://www.slcc.edu/cgi-bin/lynx/patch-o-matic.cgi>
I get this screen
                                                             Patch-O-Matic [TM]

                            Welcome Lynx 2.8 User!

You are running an older version of Lynx.

   This form can be used to obtain patches for the latest development
   version of Lynx, the World Wide Web text browser. If you wish the base
   release or other help, please visit [1]http://lynx.browser.org/

Our current patch level is: 2.8.1dev.6

   Patch from: [2]2.8.1dev.5__________
   Patch to: [3]2.8.1dev.6__________
   Type of diff output:
   [4](*) Context '-c' [5]( ) Unified '-u' [6]( ) List filenames only
   '-q'
   Output compression: [7](*) Yes [8]( ) No
   Include new files: [9](*) Yes [10]( ) No
   List From patch level comments only: [11]( ) Yes [12](*) No

   [13]Submit
   [Lynx users can download with the d key on the submit button.]

Now, notice that the cgi thinks I am using dev.5.  However, if I type an
O, I get:

  Select capital letter of option line, '>' to save, or 'r' to return to Lynx.
Command:

Can anyone explain to me what the problem is?