Re: lynx-dev Assistance with Lynx

From: Jan Hlavacek
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Assistance with Lynx
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 02:03:46 -0400

On Wed, Apr 22, 1998 at 11:21:57PM -0400, Shirley Roberts wrote:
> I am a blind person on two local e-mail systems that utilize Lynx for
> their Internet services.  In order to take full advantages of the Lynx
> features, I need links and form fields numbered as well as the show_cursor
> option made available.  I have gotten one of the system administratoors to
> make the "links are numbered" feature available all the time now and I can
> set that option up on the other system every time I log in; however, I
> have not accomplished anything regarding the other features.

I don't know which version of lynx do you use.  Version 2.7.2 and newer
2.8 support "links and form fields are numbered" option.  If you press
`o',  the option meny comes up.  You can press `@' to choose "show
cursor" option,  change it by pressing spacebar,  and confirm the change
by return key.  Pressing `K' will let you choose the keypad mode.  If
you have your own account (as opposed to dialing to an anonymous
account),  you can save the options by `>' key.  Otherwise you can
return to lynx with `r' key.

--
Jan Hlav\'{a}\v{c}ek
address@hidden  (Blind Carbon Copies will bounce)