Re: lynx-dev suggestions for new features

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: lynx-dev suggestions for new features
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 10:35:20 -0400 (EDT)

> From: address@hidden
> Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 23:17:46 -0600 (MDT)
> Equally, a backward string search.  I've just found the twentieth
> occurrence, then impulsively pressed on to the twenty-first.  I
> recognize then that the previous one was perfect, but how do I
> get back there.  I'd suggest "N" for backward search, as opposed
> to "n" for forward.

Sounds like a good idea to me.
However, if N and n are used for repeating the last search string
it seems natural there should be a way to initiate a new
backward search.  In vi,  the ? is used for backward searching,
but this is already mapped in lynx.
Any suggestions?

Also, while we're on the topic of search strings,
I think it would also be nice to keep a buffer of previous search strings,
accessed via the arrow keys after hitting a /.
Any thoughts?
--le