Re: lynx-dev SCROLL_STEP

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev SCROLL_STEP
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 10:59:10 -0400 (EDT)

980423 Thomas Dickey wrote:
> In a recent note, Philip Webb said:
>> 980422 Jason McBrayer wrote:
>>> What might be nice would be a SCROLL_STEP
>>> to define how many lines those scroll.
>> Aren't the digits already committed"  That's what "k" tells me.
>> Or is that just the keypad digits?
> yes: the digits are already mapped.
> (keypad digits either are indistinguishable from the other digits,
> or generate escape sequences you cannot readily relate to the keypad

no, no: surely Jason's idea -- certainly mine -- was
that there would be a global  SCROLL_STEP  defined in  lynx.cfg ,
so the user could choose a regular number of lines to scroll,
albeit not changeable at command time;
maybe it could also be changeable via the options screen.

is it difficult to program?  it looks like a very simple change.