lynx-dev LYNX IS ELITIST

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: lynx-dev LYNX IS ELITIST
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 18:10:20 -0400

Eldridge Currie <address@hidden> wrote to me:
>Subject: LYNX IS ELITIST
>
>Dear Mr. Macrides:
>
>As co-ordinator of the Lynx Team effort, please accept this
>letter in the constructive manner with which it is written

        I am not the Lynx Team co-ordinator (Indeed, its
current co-ordinator has openly acknowledged that he would
like me to go away altogether and have me not even particiate
in discussions about Lynx :).  I am appending the rest of your
message and sending it to the address@hidden email list,
where it should have been sent in the first place.  You
can subscribe to the list via address@hidden, and/or
read its discussions via http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/

                        Regards,

                          Fote

rest if Eldridge's message:
===========================
The LYNX browser will remain "odd man out" as long as it
is presented to elitist nerds and not the ordinary surfer
like myself.

I just downloaded Lynx2-8.Zip and unzipped it to over 5 Megs
of arcane information and directories. After being "bombed"
with technical bullshit much too complicated for the average
WWW surfer I nuked it.

I will not be using Lynx until it can be installed on my
computer in the "user-friendly" way that  Netscape,
IE and even Mosaic are.

Please forward this letter to anyone else on the "Lynx Team"
that may want user feed-back.

Sincerely,

Eldridge Currie
320-5895 Kincaid St.