Re: lynx-dev LYNX IS ELITIST

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX IS ELITIST
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 18:50:53 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 23 Apr 1998, Foteos Macrides wrote:

> Eldridge Currie <address@hidden> wrote to me:
> >Subject: LYNX IS ELITIST
> I just downloaded Lynx2-8.Zip and unzipped it to over 5 Megs
> of arcane information and directories. After being "bombed"
> with technical bullshit much too complicated for the average
> WWW surfer I nuked it.

It seems that Mr. Currie downloaded the wrong file. "Lynx2-8.Zip" is the
package for those who wish to compile their own lynx executable. A
binary file for use on Windows95 has been made available for download
(actually two different ports are available, one done with a Borland
compiler and one with the mingw32 compiler). For information on the
Win95 ports see:
"http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/lynxport.htm";
                             Doug
__