Re: lynx-dev TEXTAREA (was Re: LYNX-DEV Using Lynx woth web "forums")

From: Lloyd G. Rasmussen
Subject: Re: lynx-dev TEXTAREA (was Re: LYNX-DEV Using Lynx woth web "forums")
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 98 11:26:13 EDT

I thought we already had ctrl-V for escaping from forms; it allows you
to hit another Lynx navigation key.

On Fri, 24 Apr 1998 10:15:47 -0400,
Larry W. Virden, x2487  <address@hidden > wrote:

>The problem of course is how do we in a text window implement textarea
>in such a way that one can _leave_ the textarea.  Any control
>character chosen means that character can not easily be used within
>the textarea itself.
>
>I wonder if the tab key might be able to be used to indicate that one
>wants to move from the textarea to the next field on the page (assuming
>there is another place on the page to which one can move...)
>
>--
>Larry W. Virden                 INET: address@hidden
><URL:http://www.teraform.com/%7Elvirden/> <*> O- "We are all Kosh."
>Unless explicitly stated to the contrary, nothing in this posting should
>be construed as representing my employer's opinions.

-- Lloyd Rasmussen
Senior Staff Engineer, Engineering Section
National Library Service for the  Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress          202-707-0535
(work)       address@hidden    http://www.loc.gov/nls/
(home) address@hidden http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/lras/