lynx-dev Invoking Lynx from IE

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: lynx-dev Invoking Lynx from IE
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 17:03:06 -0400

        This is another cry for help from the W32 illiterate.

        I'm trying to come up with a simple way to invoke Lynx
with the same URL as for the page being viewed by Internet
Explorer.  For example, in the WAI-IG discussion list the URL
http://www.wgbh.org/wgbh/index.html was cited for a site that
is using d-links to aid in accessibility.  I invoked that URL
for IE, and wanted to go back and forth for quick comparisons
with Lynx's handling of the site, as I tour it with IE.

        I can start another window with Lynx, and manually
enter the corresponding URLs via 'g'otos, but I'm looking
for some simple way (need not be simple to set up, but then
simple to use) for invoking Lynx at any time, with the URL
of the current IE page passed to Lynx as a command line
STARTFILE.  Any ideas, or concrete instructions, would be
greatly appreciated.

                                Fote
--
Foteos Macrides (address@hidden during April, '98)