Re: lynx-dev suggestions for new features

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev suggestions for new features
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 18:07:37 -0400 (EDT)

> Unfortanutely, "?" is already in use, for "help".
that's probably the best use for it (since most people would think of that
first)

> And is Kernighan's "Software Tools" book's method,
> of a back-slash.
>
> Of course, we COULD do like emacs and vi and have MULTLIPLE-CHARACTER
> commands, which would open a wide door for future commands.
that's a little ugly unless you restrict the set of prefix characters.
(but vi makes better use of uppercase characters)

> And, just how often do we use "\"; certainly not 100th as often
> as we use h, j, k, and l.
not often (and if you don't need it as an escaping mechanism, makes better
sense than '?' for a backward search)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden