RE: lynx-dev Invoking Lynx from IE

From: bonkers
Subject: RE: lynx-dev Invoking Lynx from IE
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 02:42:47 +0100

On Apr 24 98, Fote wrote,

|        This is another cry for help from the W32 illiterate.
|
|        I'm trying to come up with a simple way to invoke Lyn
|with the same URL as for the page being viewed by Internet
|Explorer.  For example, in the WAI-IG discussion list the URL
|http://www.wgbh.org/wgbh/index.html was cited for a site that
|is using d-links to aid in accessibility.  I invoked that URL
|for IE, and wanted to go back and forth for quick comparisons
|with Lynx's handling of the site, as I tour it with IE.
|
|        I can start another window with Lynx, and manually
|enter the corresponding URLs via 'g'otos, but I'm looking
|for some simple way (need not be simple to set up, but then
|simple to use) for invoking Lynx at any time, with the URL
|of the current IE page passed to Lynx as a command line
|STARTFILE.  Any ideas, or concrete instructions, would be
|greatly appreciated.

Hmmmmm..... a wee bit of work

1. Copy the address from the address bar then go Start=>Run
2. Paste the address in the Run dialog box
3. Type in front of the address "lynx.bat" without the qoutes

I think you need to have SET PATH to your lynx.bat file.

Or, if you are lazy but don't mind typing, just type the *FULL* path to
your
lynx.bat in the address bar before the URL.

Kenneth Kwok
address@hidden
http://home.pacific.net.sg/~ah_kwok/
To sign up for a free email account, visit http://www.postmaster.co.uk.