Re: lynx-dev SCROLL_STEP

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: lynx-dev SCROLL_STEP
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 20:22:09 -0400 (EDT)

> Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 16:48:55 -0700 (PDT)
> From: David Combs <address@hidden>
> Confused, I am.  What does he mean that most of the digits (except 0)
> are also immediate commands?
>
> I mean, how does the parser know when it has seen the FINAL digit,
> unless there is either a NON-digit, or a newline?
>
> Also, what is that zero he has: 045?  Why not just "45"?

When Keypad_mode is set to "Numbers As Arrows" the number
keys act like arrow keys -- 4==left, 6==right, etc.
The number 0 isn't bound to any cursor movement, so it
can be used to initiate a user-entered number
so as to be able to jump to links or pages directly.
Example, 045p.
When keypad_mode is numbered links or numbered form fields and links,
then lynx recognizes all numbers as the start of a user-specified
link/page number.  It also mangles the layout of the page by inserting
[xxx] numbers immediately before links and form fields.
--le