lynx-dev lynx and environment variable

From: John E. Davis
Subject: lynx-dev lynx and environment variable
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 23:59:11 -0400

Hi,

  I am in the process of cleaning up LYReadCfg.c.  I noticed that many
of the environment variables that lynx looks for via the `getenv'
function call are in lower case, e.g., getenv("news_proxy"), instead
of getenv("NEWS_PROXY").  I do not believe that VMS makes a
distinction between the case of environment variables, but on Unix,
case is significant.  What puzzles me is why the lynx specific
environment variables are in lower case instead of upper case as is
more customary under Unix.

  Is it too late to change the code to user uppercase environment
variables?

Thanks,
--John