Re: lynx-dev lynx for WIN 3.1?

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx for WIN 3.1?
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 10:27:59 -0400 (EDT)

to follow up on what DFishbeck said:

> Is there a version of Lynx that I can use running Windows 3.1
> with AOL as my ISP?

Windows 3.1: The closest we come is that you can use the 386 version
as a DOS program.  It will not use the winsock in windows; you will
need to install DOS-based PPP networking as if Windows were not there.
This will not break you Windows installation, but it is a bit of work.

AOL: Anybody out there currently running Lynx as their AOL
client?  I am not up to date on the openness of AOL to use with
Internet software of the user's choice.

Al Gilman

People not subscribed to lynx-dev should check the archives at
http://www.flora.org/lynx/html/ for replies to their messages.

For general Lynx information start at http://lynx.browser.org .