Re: lynx-dev patch: alternate characters on Digital UNIX 4.0

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev patch: alternate characters on Digital UNIX 4.0
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 19:27:39 -0400 (EDT)

> Lynx 2.8 has a problem with the alternate character set when
> using the native curses library on Digital UNIX 4.0. The
> problem is caused by the fact that the alternate character
> set resides in _acs_map instead of acs_map on Digital UNIX
> (see /usr/include/curses.h).
Jim Spath told me about this - I simply haven't tested it myself yet.
(but this is closer to what I had in mind - he gave me a patch that
added a separate set of #define's for it the acs_map).

But: does the original problem exist there?  (Solaris curses was
sign-extending the values in acs_map when they happened to be >127).

> The following patch fixes the problem. However, it just occurred
> to me that some people might be using ncurses on Digital UNIX.
> The patch below should therefore also check that native curses
> are being used and not ncurses. Unfortunately, I don't know what
> the most elegant way of checking for ncurses is...
I think that my existing tests should work properly (at least they do for me).
Thanks (I was intending to work on this tomorrow anyway).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden