Re: lynx-dev Side effects of deleting a bookmark

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Side effects of deleting a bookmark
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 21:02:22 -0400 (EDT)

> Hello Lyncei,
>
> I have discovered that deleting a bookmark from my
> bookmarks.html file with the "r" command can alter
> the permissions, UID, or GID of my bookmarks file,
> or, in the extreme case, convert a symbolic link to
> a regular file.
>
> Is this behavior appropriate?
perhaps not expected -- someone probably intended this:
        + create a new bookmarks file so that the old one is intact until
          the new one is ready (in case something breaks)

        + do this as external commands to make it simple (though even on
          VMS this isn't that hard to do with system calls).

The drawback, of course, is that it's hard to accommodate links, or files
that can be written from more than one userid.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden