lynx-dev Lost large number of bytes in download

From: Howard Kaikow
Subject: lynx-dev Lost large number of bytes in download
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 15:37:31 -0400

Earlier today, I downloaded two files from Lexmark's www site that had the
latest PCL and Postscript drivers.

Both were saved to the disk at my ISP, then I used sz -b to zmodem them to
my PC.

No problem installing the new Postscript drivers, however, installation of
the PCL drivers kept reporting "missing" files.

Finally, I noticed that the file downloaded FROM Lexmark TO my ISP was only
1056768 bytes, tho it should have been 1652024 bytes. Note that this is on
my ISP's disk.

I then downloaded the file from Lexmark, again to my ISP's disk, this time
I did get 1652024 bytes. I then used sz -b to get the file to my PC and
installed the PCL drivers with no problems.

I saw no warning/error messages during the first lynx download, so I am
puzzled as to how about 600000 bytes can be lost, not to mention amazement
that the .exe did nor blow up when exapanded on my PC. The good .exe had 28
files, the bad .exe only created 15 files. You'd think that it would have
blown up.

Is this a lynx problem? Using lynx 2.7.1.