Re: lynx-dev TEXTAREA (was Re: LYNX-DEV Using Lynx woth web "forums")

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev TEXTAREA (was Re: LYNX-DEV Using Lynx woth web "forums")
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 08:06:28 +0100 (BST)

Jacob wrote:

> I wouldn't go for any keystrokes that aren't start with a Ctrl- modifier.
> In this case I would vote for ^C or ^X for leaving TEXTAREA.  (^C is used

The expected result for ^C on Unix is either nothing special (e.g. the
interrupt character is set to DEL) or a destructive (i.e. immediate abort
with no saving of work in progress) to interactive command mode (but note
that this doesn't mean shell, if the program being interrupted has its
own interactive command mode, as is the case for Lynx).  I'd therefore
say that ^C is not an appropriate command for a clean exit from a data
entry mode.