Re: lynx-dev your 2 weeks' window

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: lynx-dev your 2 weeks' window
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 07:06:51 -0400

From: Philip Webb <address@hidden>
>(5) calling up an editor for TEXTAREA : see Archive 980424 :
>    this is more controversial due to security,
>    but could be subject to the same controls as for anonymous users.

Actually, if someone wants to look into this, they should look into
what the code for editing email msgs does.  If a site is set up configured
to allow the user to enter an editor for email msgs (or to edit the
current web page or one of the other places where an editor is invoked)
then editing textarea should also be okay.  On the other hand, whatever
those other areas where editors are invoked do when the site doesn't
permit the editor to be invoked, the textarea code could also do -or
for that matter, the textarea code could just continue doing what it is
doing.

I don't see textarea editor access as being any more controversial
than any other use of the editor by lynx.